One of the symptoms of PCOS is a disorder that is a common health problem and disease that can affect the nature of the woman’s ovaries. Ovarian syndrome is accompanied by the presence of many symptoms, The severity of symptoms varies from one woman to another according to the nature of each case. Therefore, undergoing an early diagnosis of the condition may contribute effectively to controlling the symptoms of polycystic ovaries in women and reducing the possibility of its development to more severe stages and more serious complications in the future. The following is a description of the symptoms of polycystic ovaries : in detail.
And through this article, we will discuss in more detail everything related to ovarian cysts
And the disclosure of the most important symptoms of polycystic ovaries, its causes, methods of diagnosis, and how to treat it through the specialist doctor of “Duxpert Health”.
What is polycystic ovaries?
Polycystic ovary syndrome is the accumulation and appearance of a number of small cysts on the ovary, This is due to several reasons, including a disorder of the gonads, Or a hormonal imbalance in the proportion of sex hormones, And then the problem of polycystic ovaries appears when the ovary is exposed to cases of inflation and the growth of non-functional cysts on the ovary, It also contains blood. This causes many common problems such as delayed pregnancy and childbearing
, and other chronic complications on women’s health if not treated.
Symptoms of polycystic ovaries
There are many symptoms of polycystic ovaries that occur in a woman with PCOS , and the most famous of these symptoms are the following:
- Cycle disorders, where women with cysts in the ovaries suffer from clear disturbances in the quantities of ovulation and the menstrual cycle often, Where it is possible to repeat the menstrual cycle a few times during the year, In other cases, it may be regular for several months at a rate of 21 days or more for one cycle. It may stop for a month or two or more. Thus, it affects the pregnancy and the capacity of the uterus. It also makes the uterus thicker, which increases the chance of an overgrowth of the endometrium or the appearance of endometrial tumors in some cases.
- The effect of increasing estrogen is one of the factors that lead to an increase in androgen hormone levels, This accompanies many symptoms, which are unwanted excessive hair growth, the appearance of acne in a large way, its failure to respond to the usual medications, excessive sweating, and other symptoms.
- Obesity and overweight, as hormonal disruption in women can affect weight gain and make it more likely to be obese, and weight gain mainly affects the abdominal and pelvic area.
- Tendency to depression and mood swings.
- High blood pressure and blood cholesterol.
What does PCOS do in the body?
There are some other symptoms of cysts that affect the ovaries, the most important of which are the following:
- Constant anxiety and depression
- Thyroid hyperplasia and endocrine disorders.
- Chronic pelvic pain.
- Insomnia and sleep disturbances.
- Disorders of appetite and loss of ability to eat.
- Fatigue, constant fatigue and general weakness.
- Having difficulty breathing while sleeping.
- Feeling of headache due to hormonal imbalance.
- ED and lady age
What causes ovarian cyst?
There are many causes that lead to cases of disease and polycystic ovaries , and the most famous of these reasons are the following:
- Insulin resistance is one of the main factors that cause polycystic ovaries. Which leads to more insulin production and secretion in the blood, causing hyperinsulinemia in the body, which causes the ovaries to produce more estrogen, Which in turn leads to the emergence of many symptoms associated with polycystic ovaries, Including gaining excess weight and other symptoms.
- Having some hormonal disorders such as high testosterone.
- Having some simple infections that stimulate the ovaries to produce estrogen.
- Presence of natural factors and genetics.
- An increase in the level of the hormone prolactin.
Methods for diagnosing polycystic ovaries
There are many diagnostic methods used by the specialist in “Duxpert Health” to treat polycystic ovaries , and among the diagnostic methods used are the following:
- Conducting a clinical examination and detection of (PCO) polycystic ovary syndrome.
- Doing various laboratory tests, such as blood tests, to look for the causes of PCOS and whether there are signs of additional male hormones.
- Conducting some examinations and other tests such as ultrasound of the pelvis to measure the size of the ovaries and signs of their cyst, ultrasound, and others.
Methods for treating polycystic ovaries
The appropriate treatment method depends on the patient’s condition and the results of the diagnosis followed. The most important methods of treating polycystic ovary problems are the following:
- Describe some treatments for regulating the menstrual cycle in order to reduce polycystic ovaries and the complications that can arise because of this. Also, menopause for long periods of time may cause an increased risk of uterine cancer, and these treatments include the following:
- Combined contraceptives, which are available as oral tablets, or vaginal rings, And it works to reduce the production of androgens and regulate estrogen production because it contains a mixture of estrogen and progestin, and taking care to regulate hormone levels in a woman plays an important role in reducing the risk of endometrial cancer and polycystic ovary symptoms, and control of abnormal bleeding, reduce hair growth, Young love.
- progestin therapy, It is available as an oral pill or an intrauterine device. Because of its effective role in regulating the menstrual cycle and reducing the possibility of endometrial cancer in women , progestin is taken in this case for a certain period of time ranging from 10-14 days every month to two months.
- Describe fertility treatments and work to increase the possibility of pregnancy, which is described in cases of polycystic ovaries, as is the case in describing some drug treatments that stimulate the movement of the ovaries and treat cysts or other surgical treatments such as ICSI or IVF .
- Treating the problem of excessive hair associated with PCOS completely and more effectively.
- Prescribing some medications that treat the symptoms of polycystic ovaries and reduce complications, such as prescribing some medications that work to reduce weight and medications to treat high blood cholesterol, describe acne treatments, An antibiotic that can be taken orally.
- Surgical treatment can be resorted to if drug treatment does not work, as surgery works to withdraw fluids from the cysts, Removing the fluid inside the ovarian cysts.
- In some cases, surgery to remove the uterus or ovaries can also be performed. As a result of excessively increasing polycystic ovaries, which results in complications and serious damage, and in the event that she does not have the desire to become pregnant in the future, she may be subjected to surgery known as
- You can also read What is the difference between PCOS and PCOS?
In the end
At the end of this article, we recommend seeking medical help in case of any changes in the nature of the body and the feeling of polycystic ovary syndrome in women that were mentioned previously, as the treatment in “ Duxpert Health ” focuses primarily on the diagnosis and treatment of PCOS and how to control the symptoms associated with it .
It was also clarified in this article about the methods of treating polycystic ovaries and its most important causes through “Duxpert Health”, and if you encounter any questions or inquiries, do not hesitate to send them to be answered as soon as possible.
What is Docspert Health?
Docspert Health is the leading platform in the MENA region that helps patients consult the leading international medical experts in UK, USA and Europe without the hassle and costs of travelling.
Consult a world-class expert specialized in
Meet the expert by video or get a virtual case review with the support of our medical team and receive a comprehensive medical report from the expert that includes the accurate diagnosis, the best treatment plan for the condition and answers to all your questions.
Our medical team supports you throughout the consultation process.