Temporary thrombosis is one of the most important medical issues that can pose a clear threat to human health. A temporary stroke occurs when a person experiences some or all of the symptoms of a stroke, and the symptoms range from severe to mild. It serves as a warning that the patient will suffer a stroke or a heart attack during the following days.
Through this article, we will learn about the most common symptoms of temporary thrombosis, what are its causes, methods of diagnosis, and methods of treatment through the specialist doctor of "Duxpert Health".
A temporary clot is a warning to the patient of the possibility of a clot occurring. It is sometimes called a small clot because it gives the same symptoms as a permanent clot, but these symptoms do not last more than 24 hours.
Temporary thrombosis symptoms
There are many symptoms of temporary thrombosis, which we will discuss in detail through the following lines, as follows:
- Difficulty breathing normally.
- Vomiting and nausea.
- Spastic paralysis of the extremities of the body, such as the arm, foot, and weight in the arm or limbs, Heaviness in the tongue.
- Loss of appetite and a sharp drop in weight.
- numbness, tingling, or weakness in the face, arm, or leg, Especially on one side of the body.
- Difficulty speaking or understanding.
- Paralysis on one side of the body.
- Disturbances and difficulty in the level of vision.
- difficulty walking, feeling dizzy or dizzy, loss of balance.
- Sudden, severe headache, and may be accompanied by nausea.
Symptoms of a clot before it occurs
- Feeling of pain in the chest and shoulder
- Stomach pain and heartburn, nausea and indigestion
- Feeling dizzy or lightheaded, especially suddenly, for no reason
- Pain in the larynx and jaw bones caused by pain that extends from the chest
- Feeling tired easily from an effort that does not require feeling tired, especially in women
Causes of temporary thrombosis
There are many reasons that may lead to a temporary clot, We will address the most famous of those reasons through the following lines, which are as follows:
- The main cause of temporary stroke is the interruption of the supply of oxygen to the brain; Which leads to the death of brain cells after a few minutes; This results in a deficit in brain function, which may include several symptoms of a stroke, such as problems with movement, speech, thinking, loss of control over bowel and bladder function, and other vital functions of the body.
- Blockage of small cerebral vessels.
- A blood clot coming from the carotid artery.
- Atrial fibrillation disease.
- Patients with diabetes and pressure are the most vulnerable group to strokes, as well as those who suffer from heart problems such as coronary artery disorders, atrial fibrillation in the heart, high cholesterol levels in the blood, excess weight, smokers as well, and those who suffer from dehydration due to neglecting to drink water, which causes temporary stroke.
- Arterial disease.
- Lack of interest in physical activity.
- Excessive weight gain and obesity.
- Sleep disturbances and malnutrition.
Other causes of temporary thrombosis
There are some other reasons that can lead to symptoms of a temporary clot or blood clot, which are as follows:
- Sickle cell disease.
- Genetic factors and family history of stroke, such as stroke or temporary stroke.
- Previous heart attack.
- Irregular high blood pressure.
- Exposure to psychological pressures such as fear, depression and anxiety.
- A sharp drop in blood circulation.
Methods for diagnosing temporary thrombosis
There are many methods used in diagnosing temporary thrombosis to detect the most important causes and determine the treatment plan that suits the nature of each case. Among these diagnostic methods are the following:
- Conducting a clinical medical examination of the case.
- Examination procedures with devices and x-rays such as: Two-dimensional cranial x-ray without contrast.
- Performing a computerized tomography (CT) scan and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), which determines the brain tumor due to the high accuracy of modern devices.
- Cerebral X-ray angiography with contrast angiography. Where the contrast material is inserted into the carotid or vertebral artery.
- Conducting an electroencephalogram, which makes it possible to determine the focal symptoms, and also allows the assessment of functional disorders of the brain and also the identification of brain tumors, if they are of a large size, and their localization in the region of the cerebral hemispheres.
- biopsy procedure as brain tumors can have a different histological structure, For research purposes, A piece of tissue must be taken for analysis using either a stereotactic frame or a neuromonitoring system that does not require a rigid fixation to the patient's head. The biopsy sample is taken under the control of the needle.
Temporary thrombosis treatment methods
There are many treatment methods that are followed by the treating physician, according to the nature of each case, and among the treatment methods are the following:
Where the specialist doctor of "Duxpert Health" prescribes some therapeutic drugs to treat the causes and symptoms of temporary thrombosis and reduce its complications, usually by taking one or more different types of drugs; Some of them may be taken immediately and for a short period (such as: blood thinners), Others may be taken permanently in the long term; But when diagnosed immediately, the patient is given intravenous clot-dissolving drugs; To improve the process of blood flow again to the rest of the brain; But it should be used within the first three or four hours of infection, And in some other recommendations until the first six hours.
There are some cases that have become paralyzed or have some convulsions that need physical therapy, rehabilitation and occupational therapy. To help improve pronunciation and communication, and psychological treatment, and follow feeding procedures Bladder control and some physiotherapy methods are followed, including devices or exercises that improve movement and communication.
There are some other cases that require immediate surgical intervention to reduce the symptoms that can result in the temporary clot and to treat it quickly before any complications or other symptoms occur. All measures are taken to treat the temporary clot by removing the thrombus; restore blood flow to the brain, This is done by inserting a catheter into an artery, often in the groin. Then a small device is passed through the catheter to the damaged artery in the brain. This procedure is done within the first hours of the onset of acute stroke symptoms.
How to prevent a temporary clot
Where prevention methods can be followed by following the following instructions:
- The need to follow a healthy diet rich in fruits, vegetables and whole grains, lean meat, eating fish, legumes, Be careful to reduce salt and sugar. fats; A balanced diet is one of the most important preventive methods necessary for the health of the heart and the great circulatory system.
- Take great care to engage in regular physical activity that helps maintain the health of the heart and blood vessels.
- Be careful not to smoke while controlling your blood pressure. And that by following a healthy lifestyle.
- The need to control the levels of fats and cholesterol in the blood, By following a healthy diet and taking appropriate medications under the supervision of the attending physician.
- Take care to control the level of sugar in the blood.
- maintaining a healthy weight, Lose weight and avoid obesity.
- Stay away as much as possible from psychological pressure and everything that provokes stress and anxiety.
In the end
At the end of this article, we recommend seeking medical help in the event of any changes in the nature of the body and feeling the symptoms of temporary thrombosis that were mentioned previously, as the treatment at Duxpert Health focuses primarily on the diagnosis and treatment of the symptoms of temporary thrombosis and how to control the symptoms associated with it.
It was also clarified in this article about ways to treat the symptoms of temporary thrombosis and its most important causes through Duxpert Health, and if you encounter any questions or inquiries, do not hesitate to send them to be answered as soon as possible.
What is Docspert Health?
Docspert Health is the leading platform in the MENA region that helps patients consult the leading international medical experts in UK, USA and Europe without the hassle and costs of travelling.
Consult a world-class expert specialized in
Meet the expert by video or get a virtual case review with the support of our medical team and receive a comprehensive medical report from the expert that includes the accurate diagnosis, the best treatment plan for the condition and answers to all your questions.
Our medical team supports you throughout the consultation process.