Docspert takes your privacy seriously. We have made our policy as clear as possible so that you can rest assured that you are in good hands.
1. Introduction to Privacy Practices for docspert.com
• Docspert (“Docspert,” “we,” or “us”) is committed to respecting the privacy rights of all users of Docspert services provided via docspert.com (collectively, “site”) and to protecting your personal and medical information. This policy describes how information about you may be used, how it may be disclosed and how you may access this information.
This page will serve as a policy of our privacy practices and a summary of your privacy rights.
• Please note our primary concern is to provide a platform for quick and simple online consultation.
• Be advised, in case your medical question or consultation contains matters of high security risk or there is a high privacy concern (like matters related to judiciary, matters related to police or law enforcement) we suggest you to use alternate services or to use face to face medical consultations. It is advisable to include only relevant de-identifiable Personal Information in medical history and files uploaded by you.
2. Information that may be collected
• In order to use Docspert, you are asked to enter an e-mail address/mobile number and password, which we refer to as your Docspert ID. After you create your ID, you can use the same ID to sign in to this service. This process will allow you to manage your profile and/or account; upload files (medical scans and documents) and ask specific queries.
• When asking questions, you will be asked to submit personal information like age, gender and medical history. Providing us with other personal and identifiable information is, of course, optional and not recommended. However, in some cases it may not be possible for us to provide the service in question without receiving specific medical information from you and in some cases you would be requested by the consulting Physician to provide additional information in order to answer your questions. Additional information could be details of your medical history, specific medical reports etc.
• We also collect information you provide voluntarily in free-form text boxes on the Site and through responses to surveys, questionnaires and the like.
Cookies are text information files that your web browser places on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies assist in providing non-personal information from you as an online visitor. It can be used in the customization of your preferences when visiting our website.
4. Website Analytics
We may use third party website analytics services in connection with the Site. These website analytics services do not collect Personal Information that you do not voluntarily enter into the Site. These services do not track your browsing habits across web sites which do not use their services. We are using the information collected from these services to find usability problems to make the Site easier to use.
The recordings will never identify you or your account.
5. Storage of Information
We store all Traffic Data and review postings indefinitely, even after “deletion,” and may archive such information elsewhere. We store all Personal Information until you request that we modify or delete it, in which case we may still end up retaining some of that information as it may be impossible to remove your account without some residual information being retained by us.
Docspert has no obligation to delete any data or information you provide on a Medical History Form following termination of your account or the account of any medical professional to whom your Medical History Form was submitted through the Site. Registered users who wish to close their account should contact support@Docspertmd.com
Our Website is not directed at children, and we do not seek to collect any information from children including those under the age of 13. If we learn that we have received any information from an individual under the age of 13, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child (or a parent or legal guardian) to inform him or her that he or she cannot use the Services and subsequently we will delete that information from our own servers.
7. How information about you may be used by Docspert
• Personal information like your medical history (optional), gender and age details is collected when you start a new consultation request. These are saved in your account for future reference and future consultation requests.
• These details in conjunction with your questions are shared with Consulting Physicians to help them answer your questions to the best of their knowledge.
• We may also use your de-identified Personal Information to run (or authorize third parties to run) statistical research on individual or aggregate health or medical trends. Such research would only use your Personal Information in an anonymous manner that cannot be tied directly back to you.
• Non medical information, primarily your email will be used to:
- Provide to you the services offered by the Site.
- Troubleshoot problems, Provide you with system or administrative messages, and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
- Payment notifications: Bill any amounts due from you through our affiliate merchants.
- Deliver information to you that is relevant to your interests, such as notifications and reminders related to consultation.
- Recommend certain resources or medical providers, inform you about our product and services.
- Customize and improve your experience.
- Detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity.
• We have a no-spam policy.
• However, in other instances, non-personal information collected may be used for statistical analysis, improvement of services, and customization of web design, content layout and services.
8. Other Uses of Medical Information
Other uses and disclosures of medical information not covered by this Notice, or by other laws that apply to us, will be made only with your written permission. If you give your permission to use or share your medical information, you may cancel that permission, in writing, at any time. If you cancel your permission, we will no longer use or share your medical information for the reasons covered in your written permission. We cannot reverse any disclosures we have already made with your permission.
9. Sharing of information
• You may choose to authorize Docspert to share your Personal Information like Medical History with our Physicians.
10. User Choice and controlling your Personal Information
• As a registered user of the Site, you can modify/delete Personal Information you have included in your profile. However, it may be impossible to remove your information without some residual information being retained by Docspert.
Please note Docspert has no obligation to delete any data or information following termination of your account. We would try our best to remove/mask any unintentional disclosure of personal information by you during consultations, but are not obligated to do so.
• You may choose not to share any medical history with your consultation request. But in the event of the consulting Physician requests you to share more medical information to answer your questions, it is advisable to do so. It is advisable to include only relevant de-identifiable Personal Information in medical history and files uploaded by you.
• You make the choice of making your data available to consulting doctors. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information. We are not guided by HIPAA compliance right now, but have plans to enforce it within our policy as our service expands.
• Our employees and consulting physicians may share medical information with each other for treatment, payment and operational purposes, only in order to provide efficient healthcare services. We encourage users not to share non-medical identifiable information other than their email and at times a made-up username for public forums.
• Your personal data may in some situations be seen by third parties, such as doctors or operations and maintenance contractors repairing and maintaining our technical systems. The respective contracts require businesses to protect the medical information we share with them. Docspert will use the information received to provide our services in the best interest of the company.
• In support of Health initiatives, we may use and share your medical information for research. We will only use and share information for research after obtaining your consent or if the used data does not expressly identify you in any way.
• We will share your medical information when required to comply with court order or other legal process. We may use and share your medical information to protect the rights, property or safety of Docspert or another party, or to respond to claims that any posting or other content violates the rights of third-parties.
• Docspert website may contain links to other sites. Please observe that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements these websites.
• We might send notifications, reminders and health information to the email ids provided by you. Docspert will not be responsible for the information loss or privacy loss due to the incorrect email id provided by you.
12. Public Information
Any information that you may reveal in a review posting or other online discussion or free forum is intentionally open to the public and is not in any way private. You should think carefully before disclosing any personally identifiable information in any public forum. What you have written may be seen and/or collected by third parties and may be used by others in ways we are unable to control or predict.
Copyright © 2020 Docspert All Rights Reserved.